[Suggestion] Ban Command Extensions (Ban Reason) & Clone Command

I’ll try and keep this sensible, although I’m not sure how any of the server scripting even goes.

° When banning a player from the phase, adding an extra option to write a reason for the ban after the name would be really useful to remember what the reason was.

This would, in my mind, work as .ph ban Player “Trolling”
After running the command .ph banlist it could display the reason in the form bellow
#1 Player “Trolling”

° I would love to see this on the banip command as well, but considering that the .ph baniplist doesn’t t exist (I think) I’m not sure it’s doable.

° If there is any way to fix the .gob clone command, some objects will disappear after every server restart.

2 Likes

Or you could unban everyone at the start of each month like I do because by then, the trolls have gotten bored, the forgivables have grown, and I honestly have forgotten why anyone was banned and why.

This would be a great quality of life addition. It can provide clarity for those who may not check (or do not have) ban lists and their respective reasoning for elsewhere.

objects dont disappear after using the clone command, they just get moved back to the position of the object that was originally cloned

to fix this you just delete the duplicate, move your character (don’t use the .gob move command) to where the cloned object is meant to go, and then spawn/scale/rotate it manually

it’s annoying but what can ya do when the server hasn’t seen an update in nearly a year

pretty sure there was an addon for this

They only disappear because you’re using the .gob mov command in a too quick succession of the .gob clone command. Or even more, you’re likely using the .gob clone command in the same macro with the mov / scale / rotate one. Use individual macros.
[edit]:
macro 1 for cloning (same if you spawn)
macro 2 for doing “operations” on the gob (i.e. mov, scale, rotate)

I tried that, it still got real wonky. A lot of objects, such as tiles, also remain in place visually but have no collision at certain, random points.

Ruined my whole passion for building.

Imho as a builder it’s far easier to build with gob clone and gob rel. It really cuts down the process to two commands. Thanks for the insight on gob clone everyone, and I hope we get that ip banlist and reason extension. :eyes:

gob massreplace k thnx bye

bold of you to assume that these suggestions are read

Don’t take hope away from me, Sylvanas.
IMG_20201029_095536

They only disappear because you’re using the .gob mov command in a too quick succession of the .gob clone command. Or even more, you’re likely using the .gob clone command in the same macro with the mov / scale / rotate one. Use individual macros.
[edit]:
macro 1 for cloning (same if you spawn)
macro 2 for doing “operations” on the gob (i.e. mov, scale, rotate)

i’ve found it’s more likely tied to the issue of very specific map coordinates, it’s a little complex to get into, but i tested multiple times that objects simply won’t clone along a certain axis if the coordinates are ‘indeterminate’, i.e. if the coordinates the cloned object is being moved to is either a repeating number, or by virtue of the object being moved along an axis, it’s also repositioned on another axis at such an angle that the server can’t determine whether it’s meant to round up or down.

edit: likewise, i’ve found the inverse that when the server isn’t a) lagging and b) i’m using straight-forward coordinates, i can clone and move montytile objects hundreds of times before running into any issues

I tried that, it still got real wonky. A lot of objects, such as tiles, also remain in place visually but have no collision at certain, random points.

Ruined my whole passion for building.

this is an issue when your client doesn’t update to match the server’s information - the server registers the object at a location different to your client, so when you try to move on the ‘phantom’ object, the server obviously doesn’t have any collision registered for that area so you just fall through it

1 Like

agreed