They only disappear because you’re using the .gob mov command in a too quick succession of the .gob clone command. Or even more, you’re likely using the .gob clone command in the same macro with the mov / scale / rotate one. Use individual macros.
macro 1 for cloning (same if you spawn)
macro 2 for doing “operations” on the gob (i.e. mov, scale, rotate)
i’ve found it’s more likely tied to the issue of very specific map coordinates, it’s a little complex to get into, but i tested multiple times that objects simply won’t clone along a certain axis if the coordinates are ‘indeterminate’, i.e. if the coordinates the cloned object is being moved to is either a repeating number, or by virtue of the object being moved along an axis, it’s also repositioned on another axis at such an angle that the server can’t determine whether it’s meant to round up or down.
edit: likewise, i’ve found the inverse that when the server isn’t a) lagging and b) i’m using straight-forward coordinates, i can clone and move montytile objects hundreds of times before running into any issues
I tried that, it still got real wonky. A lot of objects, such as tiles, also remain in place visually but have no collision at certain, random points.
Ruined my whole passion for building.
this is an issue when your client doesn’t update to match the server’s information - the server registers the object at a location different to your client, so when you try to move on the ‘phantom’ object, the server obviously doesn’t have any collision registered for that area so you just fall through it