Your favorite- Anime?

One point we got to have this topics, So lets share favorites!

Don’t eat me please.

Here is mine,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuhiDZwiBgo    

Can follow the anime this at this webpage

rip OP. People seem to hate anime here because the hyper-aesthetic and unrealistic behavior in fight scenes sometimes conveys into IC fights, and people seem to -hate- anything that glows in a world filled with magic, so rip.

That aside I’ve only watched a bit of anime but I really like Fairy Tail. I’ve not watched too much of it to where the incredible repetitiveness annoys me, and also Erza is bae.

[video=youtube.com]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2bPddWuJoY[/video]

[video=youtube.com]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI7q-MJLu_4[/video]

hard to choose a favourite have 2

i beg to differ, i love spectacular fights some anime have - what i don’t like is the anime worlds being so incredibly cliché-filled that i can’t take them seriously anymore

also the fact that i just don’t have the patience to sit through 20 minutes of filler per episode and about 4 episodes of pure filler per season

also the very formulaic setups of most shonen anime (i don’t watch any anime, but shonen was the one i used to watch)

i accept with open arms the high fantasy setting that wow offers and i wish more people did so too

Prolly gonna go with like Naruto or some shit because tbh im a bitch for that shit

I like Blue Exorcist.

Oh yes, a fine one as well.

Got to re-watch it at one point. :lol:

cowboy bebop best classic anime hands down.

also, death note and shaman king.

mirai nikki too.

cancer is a good one

I would have to say Fairy Tail. It’s so action packed, and lets be honest, the mixture of rock and celtic music is badass.

tumblr_ndscozU7sU1qfffpyo1_500.png

tumblr_ndscozU7sU1qfffpyo2_250.png tumblr_ndscozU7sU1qfffpyo3_250.png

tumblr_ndscozU7sU1qfffpyo4_500.png

I don’t like anime because I’m ready to deprive myself of fun just to look cool to strangers on the internet tbh

Death note’s pretty chill.

it’s tough to choose between garden of words, and anohana. i’m a sucker for really beautiful animation, and both are really pretty. so, take your pick between the two.

(fyi, i’ve also seen fairy tail, death note, cowboy bebop etc, and these two still remain at the top of my list. just personal preference, yo)

Hmm I have a really hard time picking a single favorite so I like to separate it by Genre and pick my favorites out of my Favorite Genres, though this is all except for one. sense I like to be constructive and I assume people will come here for recommendations, not only will I avoid spoilers but I will give brief summaries and my thoughts on each anime, also assign them a base ten rating, but keep in mind the way I rate anime is that a 10 is reserved for my overall favorite, as a ten in my mind represents a personal perfect score, and if an anime is my favorite above others it’s not a perfect anime. Also the summary’s are from websites cause I’m too lazy to write my own if I’m already adding afterwords of my own thoughts.

Overall: Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-kaku-outbreak.
Rating: 10/10

Summary: After moving into the quiet town of Hinamizawa, Maebara Keiichi spends his days blissfully in school often playing games with his local friends. However, appearances can be deceiving. One fateful day, Keiichi stumbles upon news of a murder that had occurred in Hinamizawa. From this point on, horrific events unfold in front of Keiichi, as he soon learns his close friends may not be all that they seem.

Review: Higurashi has always held a special place in my heart sense I watched it, falling under the genre of a pychological horror, this anime makes great use of it’s “moe” character design to offset the true dark-tone of the anime, it is to be noted that it uses an Omnibus format, meaning after a couple episodes the setting appears to reset with slight changes, this being a common use in romantic anime that are based on romance simulators to show the various “paths” one can take. My love for Higurashi comes from the overall mystery aspect of the anime, one of the few anime I have been able to watch multiple times, all in the name of trying to completely figure out the mystery, if you love blood, violence, and mystery, I highly suggest this anime. (WARNING: It is high suggested and nearly mandatory to watch this English Subbed to enjoy it, as the dub for it is completely atrocious and only covers the first season, and this is bad because ni order for the first season to make any sense you need to watch the second)

Gore Anime: Hellsing Ultimate

hellsing-ultimate.jpg
Rating: 9/10

Summary: Hellsing, a secret organization of the British government, has long been battling supernatural threats to keep the people safe from creatures of the night. The current leader, Integra Wingates Hellsing controls her own personal army to eliminate the undead beings, but even her highly trained soldiers pale in comparison to her most trusted vampire exterminator, a man by the name of Alucard, who is actually a powerful vampire himself. Along with Integra’s mysterious butler and Alucard’s new vampire minion, Seras Victoria, The Hellsing Organization must face not only regular ghouls and vampires, but a rivaling secret organization from the Vatican, and Millennium, an enigmatic group of madmen spawned by a certain war over 50 years ago… A bloody battle between monsters is about to begin. The dead are dancing, and all hell is singing…

Review: Hellsing is one of those animes where you come for the stories of an anime with so much blood it makes the end of Macbeth look like a birthday party, and then you stay for the somewhat interesting story. By all means the story of Hellsing Ultimate is not a masterpiece, but there is one thing it does right above alot of other animes, and that is it’s amazing animation, the way the entire anime looks just screams bloody terror, but then there are the moments that kill you mood, these are the added in “Comedy” sections, while comedy is good in an anime if it is thrown in for the sake of cheap laughs and comes off as forced it can be like putting expired ketchup on a perfectly cooked burger. Thankfully the high octane action of the anime is enough to earn it a certified seal of badassery, allowing it to maintain a rank of 9/10 

Long-Running Shonen: Naruto & Naruto Shippuden
17405.jpg

Summary: Naruto Uzumaki, a hyperactive and knuckle-headed ninja, lives in Konohagakure, the Hidden Leaf village. Moments prior to his birth, a huge demon known as the Kyuubi, the Nine-tailed Fox, attacked Konohagakure and wreaked havoc. In order to put an end to the Kyuubi’s rampage, the leader of the village, the 4th Hokage, sacrificed his life and sealed the monstrous beast inside the newborn Naruto. Shunned because of the presence of the Kyuubi inside him, Naruto struggles to find his place in the village. He strives to become the Hokage of Konohagakure, and he meets many friends and foes along the way. 

Reveiw: Now before you cast your stones hear me out, the Naruto series has received alot of flak from the many anime haters and elitist as being one of the worst anime ever made, to me this comes of as inane bullshit of people who were too lazy to sit through the entire series. One of the main complaints is that people claim it just has shit story, well in the first half yes it kinda does, though later in the story after the main climax the story gets really good this isint a soely story driven anime, you can’t hope to compare it to anime like Cowboy Beebop (That sadly won’t be on the list as I have yet to see it but plan to eventually), as it will surely pale. The Naruto series is a Shonen, much like Dragon Ball (Which in reality didn’t have much of a better story, and alot of people simply look back on it with “Nostalgia Glasses”), the anime was made with it’s fighting scenes in mind, everything else was just the set up the kids set through to get to the action. Though this is fixed in Shippuden where we get more character progression and story outline. Also to address the Elephant in the room, yes there is ALOT of Filler Content in the series that serves no purpose other than to waste you time, though this is simply councter acted by goin to the wiki, finding out what filler arch your in, and look for the episode number of the next actual arch and begin there.

Not-So-Long Running Shonen: Full Metal Alchemist & FMA: Brotherhood
47421.jpg
Summary: I’m not even going to bother posting a summary, just go watch it if you haven’t…right now…stop reading.
Review: Seriously just go watch the fucking anime, my words will not do anything for it that hasn’t been said. Also the older version and Brotherhood are both good adaptations of this story, I suggest watching both, starting with the older version then watching Brotherhood.

Action Comedy: Kill la Kill
75514.jpg

Summary: Ryuuko Matoi is a vagrant school girl traveling from place to place searching for clues to the truth behind her father’s death—the “woman with the scissor blade.” The journey has led Ryuuko to Honnouji Academy. Honnouji Academy—where an elite group of students is granted superhuman power by their special uniforms called the “Goku uniform.” With the power of the uniform, the student body president, Satsuki Kiryuin rules the students with unquestioned power and fear. Satsuki holds the secret to the “scissor blade” and Ryuuko confronts Satsuki to gain information but… Was their encounter a mere coincidence or fate? The clash between the two will soon consume the whole academy!

Review: Have you ever just wanted to sit back and watch half naked women with swords kill shit without having to worry about following a deep plot, well your in luck because Kill la Kill is here, and it actually comes with just enough actual plot not to make the “plot” to over the top. This anime was just so much fun to watch, just for the fact that it knew not to take it’s self too seriously, it knew exactly what it was doing, and they did it perfectly, making this one of the funniest animes with bad ass action I’ve ever watched.

Action: 
Happy Romance: Toradora!
22128.jpg

Summary: Despite Ryuuji Takasu’s gentle personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent. Class rearrangements on his second high school year put him together with his best friend, Yusaku Kitamura, and his hidden crush, Minori Kushieda. Along with these two comes Kushieda’s best friend, Taiga Aisaka. Her delicate appearance contrasts with her brutal personality. Secretly in love with Kitamura, Taiga agrees to help Ryuuji with his love interest as long as he helps her get closer to hers.

Review:  You’re probably wondering why I have this as a “Happy Romance” and not just “Romance” we’ll get to that in the next genre. Toradora is a very comedy driven romance with some emotional scenes sprinkled in, as any romance will have, this gives you the enjoyable time of watching two people on their journies to get the girl/guy of their dreams, where hijinks will ensue, I don’ have much to say on this one other than, go watch it, and weather you like romance or not, you’ll at least have some laughs on the way,

Not-So-Happy Romance: Clannad & Clannad After Story
8498.jpg
Rating: 8/10

Summary: Okazaki Tomoya is a delinquent who finds life dull and believes he’ll never amount to anything. Along with his friend Sunohara, he skips school and plans to waste his high school days away. One day while walking to school, Tomoya passes a young girl muttering quietly to herself. Without warning she exclaims “Anpan!” (a popular Japanese food) which catches Tomoya’s attention. He soon discovers the girl’s name is Furukawa Nagisa and that she exclaims things she likes in order to motivate herself. Nagisa claims they are now friends, but Tomoya walks away passing the encounter off as nothing.

Review: This is why I have split the romance genre, while as Toradora! focuses on the comedic aspects of the romance, Clannad and it’s sequel season simply does it’s best to slam you with the feels-bat and then proceed to kick you while your down with the boot of sadness, and when you think it’s over it tosses you into the tracks that are the sequel so you can be run over with the feeling-train to cry-ville. Focusing heavily on the emotions of it’s characters this is a go-to anime if you want to see something truly heart-wrenching, or you could go watch and old man throwing puppies into a wood-chipper for a simmilar but possibly dulled effect.

Horror Suspense: Another

75509.jpg

Rating: 8/10 

Summary: In 1972, a popular student in Yomiyama North Middle School’s class 3-3 named Misaki passed away during the school year. Since then, the town of Yomiyama has been shrouded by a fearful atmosphere, from the dark secrets hidden deep within. Twenty-six years later, fifteen-year-old Koichi Sakakibara transfers into class 3-3 of Yomiyama North and soon after discovers that a strange, gloomy mood seems to hang over all the students. He also finds himself drawn to the mysterious, eyepatch-wearing student Mei Misaki; however, the rest of the class and the teachers seem to treat her like she doesn’t exist. Paying no heed to warnings from everyone including Mei herself, Koichi begins to get closer not only to her, but also to the truth behind the gruesome phenomenon plaguing class 3-3 of Yomiyama North.

Review: While apart of the horror genre this show isint very “Scary” in the traditional sense, it’s not going to have you jumping in fear, or crying in shock…but it might make you very uncomfortable, and push you to the edge of your seat in anticipation for the worse to come. If there is one thing this show does right, it’s build up, ever note of music, every visual cue, everything presented to you is shown for a reason, there is hardly a wasted scene that doesn’t set up for something else to come, all leading to one of the biggest “That Escalated Quickly” climaxes I’ve ever seen, I highly suggest just binging this one night, with the lights off with no one else around.

Supernatural Thriller: Mirrai Nikki

33465.jpg

Rating: 8.5/10

Summary: Mirai Nikki is focused around the main character, 15 year-old Yukiteru Amano, who is a bit more submissive than your average teenager. Yukiteru even has a habit of conversing with imaginary friends through his cellphone, in a record he calls his diary. Despite Yukiteru’s lack of social skills, he inadvertently gets thrown into a relationship with Yuno Gasai, a very passionate girl of similar age that attends his school. The characters’ impending collaboration is forced by the take-off of the story’s setting theme, a survival game.

Reveiw: Originally this was going to be counted in the Gorey Action catagory, but I could not bring my self to put it over Hellsing, so I gave it it’s own category cause I really enjoyed this anime. The whole premise of the anime isint too original and alot of parallels can be drawn to the anime “Deadman Wonderland” (Also a good watch but I left it out cause fuck cliffhangers). This anime is a good one to watch for the sheer “what the fuck” factors that are presented in the story line through character actions, backstories, deaths, and plot twists. Though do be worn there is mild-nudity in the anime, and alot of graphic imagery…but if you care about that you’re just a puss.

Anime Movie: Literally anything ever made by Ghibli

75923.jpg

Rating: It’s fucking Ghibli / 10

Summary: God decided he wanted to see the best anime movies he could see, so he created Hayao Miyazaki

Review: Literally the animation studio that is Ghibli is known for just cranking out many amazing and visually stunning anime movies that are usual instant classics, even the worst of the Ghibli movies are golden compared to others, if you ever want to spend a week in you home doing nothing, just binge every Studio Ghubli movie ever made.

I hope everyone likes this giant wall of text and helps you find an anime you want to watch, keep in mind I’m no EXPERT ANIME REVIEWER EXDEEE, I’m just a single guy that really likes and watches anime, so feel free to take my opinion for what it is…an opinion.

sword art online was okay i guess

oh right. hellsing and toradora too.

also ghost in the shell

I am not able to choose just one.

“Requiem for the Phantom” is one of the best ones I have seen though.

tumblr_m3u9ptZGbr1rtguzzo1_500.jpg

filthy frank

Don’t have a real favorite. From the top of my head would come stuff like Code Geass - that after so many years still has people debating about the ending and the fate of a character (Those who’ve watched it know what i’m talking about.) And, of course, Ghost in the Shell. Stand Alone Complex and the first movie.

BUT, again, I don’t have a favorite anime. There’s so many good ones around that i’d have a hard time choosing if I seriously tried to figure out one.

boku no pico and kodomo no jikan